please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Maea! <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
"I know. But I wanted to."

She watched closely as he opened her present. The look on his face turned from happiness to surprise and then he smiled, in a way he so rarely did, and Maea could have died for him in that moment. She couldn't help but grin at the way he tested the weight, how carefully he examined the craftsmanship - and they were a work of art, something even she with her limited experience had been able to see - and would have been content to leave things at that.

Especially when he touched her cheek, and she was brought back to the beach, the cave, the memory of his sleeping face by soft morning light. Oh, sweet mercy, how was she supposed to keep this man at arm's length?

"Do you like them?" she asked, even though his gratitude and expression suggested as much. She still wanted to hear him say it.

But there was a box in her own hand, unopened, and there was a look of amusement in his eyes that made her a little suspicious. Maea shifted the basket on her arm and used both hands to pry open the lid. Peering inside, she gaped, staring at the pair of daggers as if she couldn't quite believe her eyes. They were light and delicate, made of silvered steel and ivory handles streaked with gold, and a leaf-shaped blade that ended in a vicious tip. From each side of the blade where it connected to the handle were elegant sweeping designs of gold that reminded her of wings, or maybe Ludo's rags billowing in the wind.

For a while she just stared at them, absorbing the careful details on them. Then she looked up at Sunjata, her expression one of gratitude and awe and affection threatening to overflow. A smile began to tug at her mouth, glittered in her eyes as she realized what they had done.

Maea began to laugh.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night - by Maea - 02-03-2020, 10:34 PM