Just another product of today
Iskra

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Follow me when it's dark out - I will be your lighthouse

He awoke with a start, jerking upright and gasping loudly. It only took a few seconds for reality to chase away the dream world, but residual bits of it remained nevertheless, echoes haunting him every time he blinked. The golden fields of grass surrounding him were reminiscent of the tawny desert realm he'd just slumbered in. Those clouds above, drifting lazily across the sky and smattering the sunlight in designs against the ground, it was eerily similar to the teal and violent lights conjured in his sleep.

"Shit," he complained in a breath, rubbing his face in his hands. Something about that action helped scatter the remnants of his sleep so that the next time he peered out across the field it was only that and nothing more. Still, he reached out for a blade of wheat, its rough and textured edges a tactile reassurance that it wasn't about to explode into sand dunes. Absentmindedly he picked the wheat apart while he stared out across the plains, watching a herd of cattle meander in the distance. These strange dreams were troubling him, and it bothered him that something as insignificant as dreams could. "I've gotta stop sleeping during the day," he concluded to himself, tossing the remaining stem of wheat into the stalks and rustling up to his feet.

Those cows reminded him that he was hungry so after dusting the debris off his pants he fished around in his pockets for any coins. Unsurprisingly he didn't make any money while he was asleep, but it was worth checking. The cattle would certainly make a meal in his other form, but they weren't his, so maybe he'd be better off trying to fish again. He never seemed to have much luck with the pole though.

Shit, maybe he should get a job?

I S K R A

If you're lost I will lead you back home

Codes: Oddmountain | Art: EpicSoldier

Messages In This Thread
Just another product of today - by Iskra - 12-14-2018, 06:26 PM
RE: Just another product of today - by Edrei - 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM
RE: Just another product of today - by Iskra - 12-18-2018, 03:32 AM
RE: Just another product of today - by Edrei - 12-18-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Just another product of today - by Iskra - 01-01-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: Just another product of today - by Edrei - 01-11-2019, 01:52 AM
RE: Just another product of today - by Iskra - 01-14-2019, 04:50 PM