creeping and crawling like the sea over sand (open)
Kalynd Adane
Scholar

Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lion Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Kalynd thought this hand shaking was an odd business. It felt a little awkward to be having his hand held for a prolonged amount of time--was this ritual usually so involved? He missed the simplicity of his own people's customs and greetings.

He was rather surprised by the man's question regarding his name. He gave a slight nod and said, "In my native tongue, there is a word Kalyndreani, which describes a... sort of journey that was considered a rite of passage among my mother's people. So you could say it means 'journey'. Adane is my family name. It means 'Red Lion'."

His family name was once a badge of honor--and infamy--that Kal had worn, but in Caido no one heard the name and associated with him royalty, power, or prestige. He found that he preferred this state of existence. Kal wanted people to look at him and see the scholar rather than the forgotten prince.

Kalynd nodded at the man's mention of the guild. "I have joined it recently, so I expect we have never met at the Atheneum." He didn't ask why the man had left the guild; Kal frankly didn't think it was his business, and the motivations and actions of people were only ever interesting to him when they influenced some historical event or culture at large in a way that he could study and dissect.

"As for Torchline, it has its charms, if you know where to look and you're open to new experiences."

These words brought Kalynd's attention back to the man sitting before him. "Indeed," he said with a polite smile. Again, he did not quite understand the implication of the man's gestures or tone and merely thought he was being very pleasant and friendly. "I am very interested in new experiences. Is there anything in particular you would recommend? Besides playing with torch weasels," he said, attempting to make a joke and executing it with more genuine cheerfulness than made it viable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: creeping and crawling like the sea over sand (open) - by Kalynd - 02-10-2020, 12:24 AM