A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step
Zhang Faustein
Healer/Alchemist

Age: 36 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Stein66 Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It had been a rather long day for Zhāng at Massachusetts General Hospital where he had just started as an entry level physician-scientist after having graduated from Harvard's medical school. However, after what seemed like an eternity, his day had finally come to a close, at least for that day. So, he bade farewell to his fellow residents and headed off to the hospital's parking lot, intending to have a nice quiet night of relaxation before turning in for the night. However, little did he know that fate, that cruel and fickle mistress, had other more intricate plans for him...ones that would change his life forever...in a very permanent sort of way.

Everything seemed fine for the time being, however, so he had no reason to suspect that anything strange and unexpected was going to happen to him. So, he was just driving along on the route to his medium sized bachelor digs when, all of a sudden, a thick mist...or fog rather started to roll in, obscuring his vision. He tried everything, from turning on the windshield wipers to heating up the car so that the windshield and the windows would stay clear and let him drive safely. Unfortunately, all his efforts were to no avail since the fog just seemed to get thicker and thicker by the minute. Eventually, his instrument panel had started to malfunction as well. Normally, this would have intrigued him due to his innately curious nature, but tonight he just wanted to get home as quickly as he could in order to enjoy his quiet night. So he was rather incensed at this queer development and got out of the car to see what sort of phenomena it was thst was obstructing his way.

"Curses!...What in blue blazes in going on here? Damn my bad luck, why does my life have to be so troublesome?"

He swore under his breath as he tried to see as best he could through the fog field. However, he couldn't see anything, not even his hand in front of his face, so he blindly groped his way back to his car's. driver side and tried to call for help, but his brand new iPhone also was out of commission, which struck him as really odd since it was, after all brand new.

"Tsk...my misfortune streak is running strong today...what a drag...oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I guess i better just start walking slowly forward and see where i end up since i seem to be uo a creek without a paddle right now..."

He muttered to himself as he brought out his mini emergency kit which he always made sure to keep in his car, just in case he ended up in some sticky situation or another. He then got his stethoscope out and after draping it around his neck and after stowing the emergency kit in the pocket of his white coat, he got out of his car again and slowly started to walk forward while keeping all his senses on full alert for the slightest hint of trouble. Several hours passed, or what seemed like it anyway, until suddenly without warning, he began to feel like he was falling, as if the road he had been on had simply vanished without a trace. If he had been anyone else, he would probably have been screaming his head off due to the rate of his free fall, which was rather alarming, but then...Zhāng wasn't the average joe. No, being the uber-eccentric man he was, his eyes were instead transfixed at the strange landscape which was now coming into view as he fell further and further.

A large black structure seemed to be looming in the distance, imposing in its solemn majesty.

My...that's...different...and this scenery...how very intriguing...it's like something straight of out of some strange fantasy...

He mused while trying to make out the details of said black structure and trying his best to catch as much air as possible to slow his descent as best he could in his present free fall situation.

It's a good thing I took those skydiving classes during college...well, not that I have a parachute right now to make use of them...oh well, I guess this is where my saga ends...Hades, here I come...

He thought while frowning deeply as he didn't expect to come out of this situation alive, let alone unscathed to any degree.

Messages In This Thread
A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step - by Zhang - 02-11-2020, 01:28 AM