A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step
Zhang Faustein
Healer/Alchemist

Age: 36 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Stein66 Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
After what seemed like quite a while, Zhāng finally came to, and had just enough in him to open and move his eyes around to do a brief scan of his immediate vicinity. What he found was not what he expected, for now there were two humanoid beings next to him, one a fully clothed woman and the other, a barely clothed man. Seeing as how there was no one else around, he presumed they both were the ones who had helped him. They both were seemingly engaged in still performing some sort of ritual, judging from the light coming from their hands, though since he was from a magicless world, he didn't know what it was they were doing at present. He tried to speak, attempting to test his vocal capacity since he could apparently still think clearly and move his eyes about some

"H...ello...th...ere...I...pre...sume you both ar...e the ones...who hel...ped me?..."

He spoke finally, revealing his voice to be an unusually rich baritone but yet somehow mellifluous one, although right now it was more hoarse and not very impressive sounding at all. That was all he could manage at the moment but even that surprised him a she didn't expect to be able to regain so much of his body function in such a short time after such a nasty crash landing

Hmm...whatever they did to me...must have worked...how...intriguing indeed...

He wondered silently, a part of him simply thankful to be alive, but the majority of him rife with curiosity about the two helpful strangers and their mysterious ability to repair him with seemingly no effort at all. However, he forced his curiosity down since he had more pressing concerns at the moment, namely, self examination to survey the damage he had sustained, if any was remaining at all. Thus, he began his head to toe self examination after closing his eyes

Ok...so far, cognitive ability seems intact, eye movement and visual ability seem intact...can't seem to move my neck yet...

And so it continued until finally he reached his vital organs

Now examining vitals: pulse check, lung function...not yet restored fully, must be careful...cardiac function mostly intact...liver and spleen seem intact as well...and finally kidneys seem mostly intact too...

Once he was done examining his vitals as best he could with his presently limited. capacity, he quickly examined the rest of himself and concluded that most of his basic functions had been restored, though the pain was still very much present and he didn't seem to be able to get back on his feet just yet. Add to that his seeming inability to speak very much and he realized he was. in for a rather long recovery period. However, that could wait, for now he had to thank his rescuers. He spoke once more, this time his voice seemed a little stronger and more like that of his usual self

"Tha..nk...yo..u bo..th...for hel..ping me...in my...ho..ur of need."

After that, he fell silent again since the strain of his current physical exertion tired him out again. While waiting for their reactions and/or replies, he wondered who they were and what this strange new world was as well.

=====

OOC:
italics are Zhang's thoughts

bold is Zhang's speech

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step - by Zhang - 02-11-2020, 04:59 AM