well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
As Jyoti came down, Loren glanced up. Despite everything, all the toxicity roiling within his breast, he managed to reach up to give the starwhale an affectionate scritch. Somehow, he felt calmer, which might've been why he didn't snap at Amalia. "No, you shouldn't, and yes, you were." Though the words were accusatory, his tone was suddenly as blank as hers was, exhaustion stealing over every limb.

Astra let out a happy bleat at the contact with the baker, though the luxere's mind was still worried. Then you two should spend time together. Herds always make things better, so being together will help too. It was a simplistic thought, but one his companion embraced wholeheartedly. Then she glanced up excitedly at Jyoti, the luxere always glad to see a friend.

Unaware of all this, besides the faint shifts in Astra's emotions, simply hung his head. Then he glanced up, and gave Amalia a caricature of a smile. "I suppose congratulations are in order, since you seem to have healed. Unsurprisingly, he didn't exactly sound pleased by this development.

Slumping, he rested his weight on his elbow. His forehead came down to press his forehead against the counter. Tears prickled his eyes. "Gods. I'm sorry. I'm just..." His voice trailed off, and he did his best to blink away the moisture that threatened to fall. However, he was too worn out to hide the sorrow in his mind from Amalia.
what goes, let go
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Loren - 02-18-2020, 05:40 PM