well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
A deeper conversation is all I want from you-
She watches Loren bend and break, but what she said to Astra is true: she can scarcely keep herself afloat, let alone reach for him. "It's okay," she says again, shrugging, her arms reaching around her chest like armor. "It feels... Wrong, sometimes. For me to be walking while they-"

Her voice hitches in her throat; Amalia looks away, dark eyes unfocused as they drift across the familiar objects in the shop. Jyoti croons, nuzzling up to press against the Shield's neck and earning an absent, gentle scratch. "It is someone's fault. It's mine."

Her voice is blank, empty: no self deprivation, no wallowing in guilt, just a simple statement of facts. "I probably could have saved them, but I saved Jyoti instead. I made a choice on whose life was worth more, and now my best friend is dead." Was it worth it, the choice she made? The idea of losing Jyoti is like a tear in her heart, but the price she paid for it was steep. Almost too steep for her to bear.
- I want the words you're afraid to say:
the lonely ones you keep hidden
between the folds of your heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Amalia - 02-18-2020, 11:23 PM