well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Amalia's silence was damning, and though Loren held her hands, he couldn't help the spark of anger and hurt from welling up and spilling over through their link. Releasing her, he stared at her with suddenly chilly eyes. When he spoke, it was with an equally icy tone. "You know, I expected Wessex to call me a child killer. Not you." However, underneath his anger was a deep seated pain.

With that, he turned, more than ready to leave her to her grief. However, Astra trotted up to him just as he placed his hand on the door. Although it didn't stop him from opening it, the disapproval he could sense from the luxere was enough to get him to pause. Fingers tightening until they were white-knuckled, he stood there on the threshold.

When the baker spoke, though, he stiffened, frozen for a moment. Finally, he sighed, and ran his free hand over his face. Letting go of the door, he turned to face the baker. "I loved him." For just a moment, the healer's grief was as open and as raw as the day the undertaker had died.

Then the Launceleyn put up his mental walls, and sagged against the door. "I'm sorry. For your loss. And for...barging in here like I did. I had no right." Hugging his arms to his chest, he stared at Amalia helplessly. "Do you want to talk about it?"
what goes, let go
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Loren - 02-27-2020, 10:18 PM