Stars fading, but I linger on, dear
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
a certain darkness is needed to see the stars
She curls against Safrin's chest the way she so often had with her grandmother, the way she never had with her mother, taking comfort in the attention of the goddess, the miraculously unfaltering love she does not deserve. With a shuddering sigh her shoulders relax, some of the tension easing away though much of it still remains. "Thank you, Safrin."

The influence of the Outlanders cannot be denied, and Amalia does not try to. It's hard, though, for her to pinpoint exactly what about them makes her feel so small. "Ever since they came... they make me feel smaller. Weaker," the Shield admits, biting her lip and trying not to let her envy spike. "Like because they're from other worlds they're somehow better than us. And it... it doesn't help that they're so strong, stronger than most of the Naturals, and they've changed so much in such a short time."

She falters a moment, her voice growing soft, aware of her childishness but unable to hide a secret from her goddess. "And... Frey is Phoebe Steadman's friend. Ludo gave Jigano a lantern and a song and the ability to guide spirits. Ronin... Ronin is an Outlander, but you chose him to place in the sky. To be beside you." There is a bitterness in her voice that she wishes she could hide, terrified that Safrin will reject her for her honesty and knowing it is pointless to try to conceal it.

Messages In This Thread
Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Safrin - 02-25-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Amalia - 02-27-2020, 08:54 PM