and time it waits for no one
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
This had quickly become her favorite shrine. It was a bit remote, but the journey here was usually a pleasant one, and helped Maea clear her thoughts. There was a lot on her mind lately. Many things had happened, and she felt a need to confide in someone. Talk, vent, and perhaps get some feedback... but even if there was none offered, she would still be heard.

And Ludo was the only one she really wanted to talk to right now.

Following the bobbing, weaving light of her small companion, Maea arrived at the shrine and sank to the ground, crossing her legs as she looked around at the candles, lanterns and offerings. As always, she had brought one too; the first and only doll her father ever gave her. She'd salvaged it from the farm, not quite sure why... but now she placed it by the roots of the two trees, and considered the sight of it there. Threadbare, well worn, with one eye missing and almost all the hair pulled out by too frequent combing. She thought Ludo might love it as much as she had once.

"Hello, Ludo. I came to tell you, I'll be moving. To Halo. Sunjata... he asked me to go with him to Torchline and I said I would. But... that doesn't seem to be happening anymore." Pulling her knees up as pain welled up inside her at the memory of their last conversation, Maea rested her chin against one of them, fingers playing with a loose thread at the hem of her skirt. Her eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, like she had cried often.

"So much has happened this season, I don't even know where to start. I suppose, the best summary would be... that I fell in love. He's a bit of a troublemaker, and more than one person has told me I'd be better off with someone else, but... he's been so good to me. And even if I don't know if I'll ever be with him again, I want him to be happy, like I am whenever he's around. For the first time, I've felt... properly alive. Not just existing, but actually living. Even now, with everything hurting like this." She tried to smile, but it faltered and fell away. Shii floated over, and she held her hand out, letting the will-o-wisp rest on her palm.

"It feels strange, to think that I'll leave the Hollowed Ground. That it won't be home anymore. But... is it terrible of me to be relieved too? Lately, I've only thought of it as a cage. I wonder if you could relate to that? You were trapped there too, for far longer than me... I hope you don't hold it against me, if I long to see other places. Ronin says not to use the portals, and I know we're not supposed to open more of them... but I don't think I can stand being trapped anymore. Not in Halo, nor here, nor even Torchline. I wish... I really wish I could find some way to be truly free."

Sighing, she called on her wings; they shimmered white in the glow of the lanterns, but though she flapped them a few times before folding them to her back, they did not even cause the candles to stir.

"Even with these, I can't fly. I wonder how long it will take before these new places begin to feel stifling. How long before everything settles back into being familiar, and known, and tedious.."

Blowing a gentle breath on Shii, she watched it take off and zoom away among the trees, off to explore, or perhaps find some kin to dance with for a while. Maea watched it go, feeling its simple joy spread a warm glow in her mind.

"I don't know, Ludo. Am I being greedy again? There are so many things I want... and they all feel out of reach."
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 02-28-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Ludo - 03-06-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 03-06-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Ludo - 03-10-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 03-11-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Ludo - 03-16-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 03-16-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Ludo - 03-20-2020, 09:08 AM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 03-20-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Ludo - 03-20-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: and time it waits for no one - by Maea - 03-20-2020, 12:15 PM