[SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
Well, ouch. "It didn't last long," Maea said, her expression darknening slightly. "Apparently none of them really wanted it, at least not for the right reasons. Granted, I've mostly heard Sunjata's point of view in this, but it sounds like they were trying to prove each other wrong about a whole lot of things. In the end... he pissed Phoebe off enough that she trashed the VlamVloed and broke it off." Not a happy story, and it was plain she wasn't saying any of it with any kind of satisfaction. Sure, it had left the man open for her, but... honestly, Maea would rather have spared him the whole ordeal. Phoebe too, for that matter.

The sincerity of the well-wishing took Maea off guard. Surprise broke over her features, eyes widening slightly, but something about her stance softened, warmed a touch. "Thank you," she replied, and actually smiled. A little bashful, plenty awkward. "I am, more than I can ever remember being..." And even if that happiness was on the slide, with certain stupid decisions on Sunjata's part... it wasn't entirely lost. She still held on to hope.

As Amalia questioned her intentions for the use of her powers, Maea tilted her head. Sank down to sit on her heels beside the bench, leaning an elbow on a knee and her chin propped up by a hand. "I don't know yet. You tell me? You founded the guild, after all, along with Jigano. Imagine for a moment that you had all my magic at your disposal... what would you do with it?"

Twirling a finger lazily in the air, she made a flurry of snow lift from the ground, melting into water to take on a multitude of shapes. Little animals prancing around, stars and moons turning around a sun that had frozen to ice and glistened in the dim light; she made a flower too, a frosty rose covered in rime, and sent it floating towards Amalia with a touch of telekinesis.

Party tricks... but she'd never flaunted her abilities like this before. Never pretended to have them at all, really. Her father had been strict about that.
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes - by Maea - 03-04-2020, 12:10 AM