[SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
With her eyes on the lantern as it slowly began to take form under her fingers, it was easier to listen to Amalia. Her tale was as bleak and full of angst as Maea's had been. Mistakes, overconfidence, striving to do more than one was capable of... She could relate.

"What is a tulmhainar?" she asked, the word unfamiliar to her. There was no judgement in her voice, only quiet understanding and a vague curiosity. "You always did want to save everything... I liked that. It was very refreshing, because no one else ever talked with so much hope. At least not around me." She had always been the hopeless case...

When Amalia mentioned having seen her family however, Maea's head snapped up sharply and her eyes were wide as she gazed on the young woman beside her. Desperate hope turned quickly to pain and longing, then faded into some quiet understanding... "Thank you," she whispered. A little hoarse. "I knew that Noah... but not the others. Thank you."

She had to look away again, needed a moment to compose herself. The grief was still so near. For everyone else it had been two years since they died, but Maea didn't have that sense of time passed. It was no longer yesterday, not with Longheat come and gone, and Leafchange upon them. But it was still only a year. Not even a year, in her mind.

The comment of Ludo made her blink though, and return her gaze from Jyoti's stars to the lantern. "It did? Seems like Ludo has been cruel to most people... except me. It only ever helped me.... And it confused her to no end, which showed through in the slight frown, the shake of her head.

"Ha, but you know my father would disapprove. All these magic users running around; he'd curse us all for fools and act like he wasn't Abandoned himself, just because he never used his gift.

"Just goes to show, doesn't it? We can only be us. They had their challenges, we have our own. It can't even really be compared."
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes - by Maea - 03-05-2020, 11:56 PM