Concord or Combat
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
The Wraith acknowledges Delphia’s thanks with a dismissive wave of her hand. “No thanks needed.” As the Voice’s demigoddess, she supposes it’s her duty to field these kinds of things. It may be suffering to sit through, but as Rexanna does her work, so must Wessex.

Loki has opted not to tag along for this, unlike assuming this is post Whale PQ the kitten she’d seen on the boat. Wessex hadn’t known it was Delphia’s companion, indeed, she hadn’t really given the creature a second thought. But as it jumps up to the table it draws her attention, and she finds herself thinking the cat (sith? she can’t be sure) might be a fitting companion for the girl. Just in the way that the black dragonling was fitting for her.

By the time the daughter of Mort is halfway done with her speech, Wessex can already identify several things she takes issue with. It’s not her fault, of course, being the daughter of an Old God. But if she wants to come to a table to talk compromise, she must know that there is bias, hard as she might try to hide it. The Wraith’s hands rest in her lap, her elbows on the chair’s arms, and there they’ll stay for as long as she can stand it.

The Voice is never going to compromise. Wessex already knows this. The best she can do is try to find some way to turn the girl’s mind a bit, to realize some basic principles.No one wishes history to repeat itself. Certainly not the Ascended.” They are few in number, they come and go like the wind, and they are weak, compared the strongest of the Old Gods’ followers. “But if there is to be understanding between us, there needs to be an acknowledgement of some facts: first, that we are members of this community, too. We have friends, lovers, and families. We work. We save people. And we do not want to kill. The Portal Guardians are just as capable of harming us, if not more.”

Remi is certainly able to be a killer. Amalia has killed by getting into a shitty situation. Jigano has surely killed before, too. And the Ascended? Sam is a wimp. Rex is principled. Bastien wouldn’t want to get blood on his clothes. That leaves three who might if they had to - and Wessex - who is another story entirely. Theoretically, they should be easy to wipe out if need be.

“I understand that you’re the daughter of Mort and come from a certain perspective. But when I was Queen, I, too, worked for all the Grounders. And they wouldn’t do the same in return.” She offers a little shrug. “Can you speak to Roana’s task from Ludo? To kill the Ascended?”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 03-18-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 03-26-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 03-26-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-01-2020, 01:38 AM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-08-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 04-11-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-15-2020, 03:44 PM