Shattered Windows, Broken Locks
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
Kalt
I say goodbye to my weakness,
So long to the regret,
and now I see the world
through diamond eyes.

She looked up at him, her body practically on the verge of collapse, a glassy sheen over her wide eyes. She didn’t immediately look back to him after shaking her head, instead glancing at the closed door. He wanted to know what was going through her mind, what exactly was surging through her thoughts at the realization that Theea was still not only alive, but actually thriving.

’She’s okay.’ Her voice was small and broken, and Kalt gave her the most gentle smile he had given in a long time. Of course she was okay. She was amazing. She was intelligent, sociable, perky, absolutely beautiful. She was everything someone could hope for in a daughter, and he loved her more than life itself. However, it wasn’t a question; it was a statement, as if answering her own question.

As she clamped a hand over her mouth and leaned into him, Kalt wrapped his arms around her. He pressed his lips to the top of her head, one arm around her shoulders and his fingers of the other hand curling into her hair. His eyes fell closed as his sight blurred, only allowing a single tear to escape of its own prerogative. Regardless of the situation, she always had the power to play the strings of his heart with more expertise than she ever played the piano with, than he ever played the guitar with. When she cried, it took all of his strength not to collapse with her, knowing that he had to be strong for her, be able to hold her as she broke.

He hadn’t seen her break like this in forever. Ashetta always tried to be strong for everyone else, not letting herself crumble no matter what because her family needed her, her enemies needed to be defeated, she couldn’t break. But she could, and now, she did. Kalt held onto her for as long as she needed it, holding her against him with just silent companionship. Just quietly telling her she’s not alone. No matter how alone she might have felt sometimes, never before and certainly never again. He didn’t promise her then, rather making a quiet vow of his own will. Never alone.

He finally reopened his eyes, trusting himself not to break beside her. His fingers brushed over her wet cheek once again, returning to her hair. ”I promised you I would keep her safe,” he whispered to her softly. ”Just because you couldn’t do it alone with someone constantly watching your every move is nothing to be ashamed of.” He kissed the top of her head, lingering for just a moment before taking a slow breath. ”I walked in when Master was holding her. I told him that I’d take care of her, and he watched as I falsely killed her. In reality, I used my magic to lower her heart rate until it was almost nonexistent. I paralyzed her vocal chords and hid her. She’s still struggling with a few sounds because of it, but Ashe...she’s fucking amazing.” He let out a breathy laugh, once again frustrated at the threat of tears spilling over. That time he was able to blink them away, swallow them down to keep himself together for her.

Messages In This Thread
Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-19-2018, 03:26 AM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Ashetta - 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Ashetta - 12-19-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-19-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-21-2018, 04:47 AM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Ashetta - 12-21-2018, 07:20 AM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Ashetta - 12-22-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Ashetta - 12-23-2018, 09:08 PM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-21-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-22-2018, 06:30 AM
RE: Shattered Windows, Broken Locks - by Kalt - 12-24-2018, 03:06 PM