six impossible things before breakfast
open
Petra Myr

Age: 36 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Okay, that made a bit more sense. Otherwise she would have gone to Narnia several times every day, which clearly had not been the case. Still, the whole notion was ridiculous. Granted, she was not adverse to the idea of ghosts and supernatural occurrences, and more than once she had dreamed about finding her way off to some magical land... but those were escapist fantasies brought on by depression and boredom, and she didn't actually believe it.

Which.... made his next statement even more of a gut punch than it could have been.

She blinked. Actually laughed, if weakly, because... well, what was she supposed to do? "What do you mean, I can't go home? If the portal could bring me here, it should be able to bring me back too." It sounded very logical, and her tone was calm, reasonable even. "Listen, I'm sure it's lovely here and all, but I can't stay. I've got a job interview today, and a doctor's appointment, and I can't afford to pay the fee if I don't show."

Rather unsteady still, she got her feet under her and got to her feet. Wobbling a bit as the whooshing resumed in her head, she stared at the barrier of impossible water, her mind refusing to accept the reality of what she was seeing.

"I really need to go home." She was impressed with how firm she sounded.

Messages In This Thread
six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-01-2020, 10:29 PM