six impossible things before breakfast
open
Petra Myr

Age: 36 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It was always difficult to know how to deal with sympathy, and touch. Was she supposed to do something, say something, lean into it or not..? It was nice that he cared, and showed that he did, but it was a bit... embarrassing too. Made her all gushy and warm inside, in a way that was completely hopeless. Never led to anything good. Just confusion and pain and... Still, she did smile, and though it was small, it came out far more genuine than before.

"It shouldn't make me feel better... but it does," she said. "Thanks. Again."  Tentative, not sure if it was the thing to do, she leaned a little bit towards him, somehow steadied by the simple kindness of his gesture.

She listened as he explained the differences, and his own sense of how it felt like. That small smile came back, fascinated and a little awed.

"I'd give anything to be abandoned, if it lets me learn magic... I always wished it was real, and that I could use it," she confessed, a little sheepishly. "I used to daydream up all kinds of scenarios where I found my way to another world, or found secret societies where magic still existed... Dragons and fairies and elves, vampires and all kinds. And now... I'm suddenly living it? But it's not amazing at all. At least... not all of it."

Looking around, that sinking dread came over her again. Of being outside herself, the world far too real, too vivid... Staring at her hands, she found them shaking again. Ah, if she could stop falling apart soon, that would be great.

Messages In This Thread
six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-08-2020, 04:06 AM