(o) sea to shore
Open!
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The water so black that the darkness hummed
An interesting question, and Maru considers it with due diligence. "The sediment. It disrupts our vision, drives away our food sources. But all things settle with time." Much as he had told his daughter. Those in Torchline are likely far more negatively affected than Maru and his people. Precisely why he is he here now, trying to do what little he can. As the woman joins him and sticks her legs into the water, he gazes back out across the rocky shoreline. "I was born in warm waters, though I can handle the cold I do not prefer it." If she is inclined to share then he will do so as well.

As she closes her eyes, communing or meditating or whatever she may be doing in that moment, Maru awaits her response patiently. He is only a little exasperated when she mentions the riptide. So many unknowingly aim for the waveless section of ocean, thinking it to be safer than a child being knocked down by a wave. Many, despite having lived her for most if not all of their lives, still unaware that the stillness is a mirage, a death sentence. "I can swim them back if you will take them inland? I cannot leave the water for long." And dragging himself with his hands isn't going to get him - or anyone he's holding - anywhere fast.
Maru

Messages In This Thread
(o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-02-2020, 11:43 PM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-02-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-03-2020, 01:03 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-03-2020, 01:47 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-03-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-04-2020, 09:03 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-12-2020, 04:48 PM