(o) sea to shore
Open!
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The water so black that the darkness hummed
It is a philosophy that Maru agrees with wholeheartedly, and his reserved smile is sincere as he hums softly in reply. "Yes, I agree." The ocean is a womb after all, far more than it is any kind of graveyard. Rae's creations flourish in his waters, as does himself and his people. His loyalty to her is a firm and unshakable faith. "We live in something akin to pods. All mercreatures are different, with varying levels of tolerance to the cold. I have done no more than visit, myself. This is my home." More than he normally speaks, but he is comfortable with telling her such things when she is clearly already educated on the existence of his people.

Though she is still clearly young, and he gives a soft noise of dissent at her words. "No. Inland to the shore where they can maneuver along the banks, flee from the smoke while chasing a life that is not yet ready to end." Though he respects Mort's side of the coin, for Mort and Rae are intrinsically linked, he cannot help but disagree with her outlook. "An early death without having lived a rewarding life that honors Rae's gift is no death to be celebrated. Though they may greet it calmly, it will not be without regret. And I will do what I can to preserve Rae's creations, until Mort greets them when they have lived as brightly as they can." Here he eyes her curiously, wondering how she can claim that Mort would want the deaths of children when Maru himself is there to ward off such a sad and unnecessary demise. "Tell me child, will I make it in time to save those who still live? Or shall I linger in your company while they pass?" He is not averse to death after all, even if he will happily slip back into the churning waters to save those he can. He still stands by his views after all, biased towards Rae's side of the circle of life as he is.
Maru

Messages In This Thread
(o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-02-2020, 11:43 PM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-02-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-03-2020, 01:03 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-03-2020, 01:47 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-03-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Maru - 04-04-2020, 09:03 AM
RE: (o) sea to shore - by Delphia - 04-12-2020, 04:48 PM