Unlit Candles in the Dark
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Prayers had flown like migrating birds during the eruption, but now that it was over Jigano made time to gave thanks properly for the saving of the town. Bowing his head he knelt before the sailor, placing a green candle in the shape of a cat before it. It had taken several tries to get it right after learning the recipe from an old farmer woman he occasionally brought books to, but he'd finally learned how to make candles from bayberry fruit in the oasis, harvesting the berries and simmering the wax from them, then having Rory help him carve a mold and placing a wick. His gaze flickered to the memorials he and Deimos had left for Adam and Peter a few short weeks before, the small dragon with its serpent adornment and the skeletal luxere with its bat reminders of those whose time had come too soon.

But a great many others recently had survived, able to live longer, fuller lives before they were brought to Mort's halls, hopefully happier and content with what they had accomplished in the extra span of days, weeks years, decades that they had pulled from the volcano's grasp. There was reason to give thanks, and plans to lay for the coming Night, and the fox in man's shape closed his eyes as Isuma explored the statue beneath the moonlight, finding the words as best he could.

"Ludo, Mort, thank you for your patience in waiting to collect the souls of Haulani. Thank you for the strength of purpose you've given me, that gave me the courage to try to help when I might otherwise have faltered." Not a hero Safrin had said, and so perhaps he was just a fool, but hers was not the opinion that mattered most to him among the gods. "But Deepfrost fast approaches, and LongNight with it. Torchline will recover, but the Hollowed Grounds are still at risk. I would ask for your guidance on the challenges to come within the barrierlands, if you would grant me your advice."

Messages In This Thread
Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Jigano - 04-04-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Ludo - 04-16-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Jigano - 04-16-2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Ludo - 04-17-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Jigano - 04-17-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Ludo - 04-24-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Jigano - 04-24-2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Ludo - 04-26-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: Unlit Candles in the Dark - by Jigano - 04-26-2020, 05:08 PM