Personal Quest Let's get down to business
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Pleased to see two Halo natives appear Morgan smiled at both Weaver and Korbin, nodding to each in turn. "Thank you for coming - I will give out tasks in a moment. As for the food--" With a similar dry humour in her voice she gave Korbin a shrug. "--It varies from day to say. You might be lucky." Having eaten nothing but the palace food for years now, she knew it went from terrible sludge to fine feasts depending on how busy the chefs were: they knew soldiers would not complain, and so they were bottom of the pile.

Loren was welcome too, Morgan impressed by how much help the man seemed keen to give. "Thank you for coming, Loren."

With enough people there to begin, Morgan walked to the middle of the training grounds and gestured with one hand to the obvious disrepair around her. "As you can see, the grounds here are in desperate need of recuperation. I tend to train my men out in the mountains and these grounds have not been used since my father's death. ...But..." Looking to the top of the wall, where beyond lay mountains and sky and their new neighbours -- "...Now, I may be overly cautious, but with the new openness of the world, I feel we must be prepared for a whole new series of conflicts. Even if they do not occur, it is never a bad thing to be trained and ready."

With her reasoning aside she looked about the grounds then back to her volunteers. "There are some large jobs that need doing first. The ground needs to be flattened back out and covered again in sand and gravel: you can find this along the wall there." She pointed to where several sacks were stacked up against the palace wall, next to a very sweaty guard who had been tasked with bringing them outside. "Then we need to get rid of these old weapons. I would like them to be melted down and the metal we can salvage recycled - for the moment, they just need to be gathered into a pile. Be cautious, for a lot of them are sharp and could fall apart easily."

The final task was one she would assist with. "Finally, a good workspace is a clean one. The walls here, as you can see...well." Morgan turned to look again at the Palace wall and Outer wall on either side of the grounds, both of which had seen better days: nearly green in some places from mould and old mud, some bricks turned red with dried blood from years past, scratches from swords swung... "I will be using my water magic to clean them, but they will need a finer hand. There is a ladder and selection of brushes there, by the door. It is not the most glamorous work, but it will be well appreciated."

With that all said she nodded to each of them then went to stand by the wall, ready to start the cleaning with whoever would come to assist.

--
No Post Order!

Tasks:
1. Help with flattening the ground (getting rid of weeds, stamping it down, putting on gravel/sand), you can assume guards will help with this.
2. Take the old rusty weapons and gather them somewhere away from the main area to be melted down later.
3. With Morgan using her mastered water magic to pressure wash the walls, scrub the place clean of blood, mud and other stains.

These will be rolled for, but there's no risk of serious injury/death obviously, lol.
Feel free to PP any guard NPCs to say they helped you/how they did.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Messages In This Thread
Let's get down to business - by Morgan - 04-08-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Weaver - 04-08-2020, 10:57 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Korbin - 04-10-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Loren - 04-10-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Morgan - 04-11-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Loren - 04-11-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Weaver - 04-12-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Korbin - 04-12-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Let's get down to business - by Morgan - 04-14-2020, 07:00 PM