i know a spot where you won't get caught
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Isuma normally begged for pets and was quick to befriend strangers, but after her initial experience with Aisha the little gryphlet just wanted to burrow into her companion's arms and the safety she expected to find there. Her fluffy snow leopard's tail lashed with anxiety as she kept her head buried in Jigano's chest, and he continued to hold and soothe her while he juggled the groceries.

For his part, the bard was distantly grateful that Aisha was giving him the time and space to calm himself from the rush of adrenaline, fear, and anger that Isuma's pain had triggered. He had lost his temper enough times that he knew nothing good ever came of it, and the most recent example was fresh enough that he grimly wrestled it back under control as best he could. Her newness and genuine apologies did much to help with that, and when she offered her own name in return he nodded slowly, exhaling a final deep breath as he gathered his anger back into himself and tucked it away to deal with later.

"Aisha," he repeated carefully, making sure he had the pronunciation and inflections right. "I will admit, this is one of the worst first meetings I've had with a new outlander, and I've had knives pulled on me before," he said, finding a little wry humor in the memory of Melinoe. "But Isuma and I should have been paying more attention to where she was playing, too. Hmm." He paused to look around, judging distance from the nearest shop that would do. "There's a tea shop a little ways back up the road," he suggested. "If you'd like, we can go there and sit awhile, if you have any questions about Caido and the Hollowed Grounds you'd like answered. Or we can walk for a bit and I can show you around the Settlement. I was on my way back to the Atheneum with supplies for the Guildhall there, but I can take you past the notable landmarks if we take a more circuitous route to get there?" Not quite his usual warm welcome, but he was making an effort to be courteous and kind, at least.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i know a spot where you won't get caught - by Jigano - 04-18-2020, 03:00 PM