[SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing
Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Oh I'm in pieces, it's tearing me up, but I know
Evie is still not quite familiar with Torchline's areas. Though most of her days here have been spent harvesting the local flora for her greenhouse before the chill of winter can kill them off and set her back a few months, she has made it a point not to slack in the more social side of things. The Port is a bustling hub of all manner of souls, and it's easy to slip by unnoticed when she has nothing to offer and nobody to seek.

While more than adequate at turning herself into a wallflower, Evie is also not in the habit of leaving her back unprotected. Perhaps it's a result of living in Halo, or merely that her skills have been sharpened with such consistent training. Whatever the reason, the apothecarist notices relatively quickly that someone is trailing her. At first she's not certain why, only to realize that it doesn't much matter. Though not particularly diminutive, the man shadowing her is much larger, and if there's one constant in the universe it's creepy men targeting women.

Before she can consider what she's doing, she ducks around a corner. It's a dead end, which only ramps up her heart as it thunders in her ears, but she can hear Deimos' firm voice complimenting her efforts in their training. It's enough to have her magic seeping out, grabbing the sand and soil beneath her feet into a ball in her hand, and just as she whirls around and casts it out into his face the man speaks. It's too late to take it back, though she gives an 'eep' of regret and her hands clutch at her mouth as his explanation registers, his unthreatening body language the last nail in her coffin of remorse. Still, she is not without her fire, and it flares in her cheeks in an embarrassed tinge. "You scared the wits out of me!" she snaps, dropping her hands away to put them squarely on her hips. Even so, her lips tremble slightly, and she tugs at the ends of her hair in nervous idle habit. "Uh...sorry about that though." And, because she has nothing to say and isn't immune to Sam's particular habit of word-vomiting rubbing off on her, she blurts out the next; "Who did you think I was? Not many people around here have red hair." Maybe her father had gotten around to more than just Amalia's mom. She can't help but bite her tongue at the dark humor.
A heart that's broke is a heart that's been loved
EVIE

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Nate - 04-13-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Evie - 04-15-2020, 04:33 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Nate - 04-15-2020, 06:17 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Evie - 04-17-2020, 07:36 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Nate - 04-18-2020, 06:41 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Evie - 04-19-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:05 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Evie - 04-20-2020, 03:14 AM
RE: [SE] Just a Dream, Pretty Thing - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 08:00 AM