God Quest The canvas' colors can't hold like they once could
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
Trigger Warning 
REMI
the alchemist
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
(Set during the SWE)

It wasn't the first time Remi had pondered the nature of his relationship with Isla. He'd done it often, though selfishly his considerations of her had greatly faded. Only now, on this night of spirits and ghosts and remembering, did he realize that his attention to her had faded precisely with the fading of her spirit.

A spirit he'd begged to have brought back. A spirit cast into the body of a unicorn.

At the time Remi thought it cruel. Ludo had the power to bring her back, and yet she was placed into the skin of a creature far less beautiful and capable than she'd been in life. But he'd accepted it because it had been the only way, because he had no ties to or over Ludo, and because he'd been weak and wanted his friend.

So he'd let her soul diminish down to something unrecognizable and then forgotten her.

Staring now into pebble-blue eyes that were Isla's only in colour, the alchemist stroked the unicorn's charcoal coat. "There is no hiding my thoughts from you, I suppose." He whispered softly. "Would that I could take this away from you, like I did with the sailors...know that I would." Isla, no longer capable of articulate speech the way she'd once been when her soul was still fresh, merely blinked in acknowledgement. "For all that you aren't anymore, I think she is somewhere in there...and I'd not keep her caged like this any longer." The Alchemist's voice broke at that, his fingers tangling into the midnight mane.

"I never grieved you because I thought you were never gone." The words were a whisper, carried away by the rush of the sea next to which they stood. From the base of Remi's spine a scorpion-tail grew, rising over his shoulder. "But I will remember you always, for the woman you were...not the shadow of yourself I made you into." The unicorn sensed the oncoming danger, but Remi's will was ever the stronger. "I should have let you die saving lives, not here on a beach with me. I'll carry that regret forever." And oh, how he would.

Swiftly, the poisonous barb of the Alchemist's tail rushed towards the thick veins in the unicorn's neck. At the same time, claws dragged across her throat spilling blood that looked black in the moonlight across the sands. Both Alchemist and companion collapsed in a silent wummpfff; a piece of Remi's own soul shattered as Isla's heart beat its last. But he never let her go, nor did he dare cry out in the pain the ricocheted through him as their bond was severed.

Remi has killed Isla
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
The canvas' colors can't hold like they once could - by Remi - 04-16-2020, 03:10 PM