in an octopus's garden in the shade
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The water so black that the darkness hummed
Maru gives his daughter an indulgent look as she arrives, having expected her eager presence now that she is allowed at his side for these affairs. But he will not ignore their guest, and the faint tinge of emotion across the connection between them makes the Luminary smile serenely. Introduce yourself my child.

Wessex's words and title are familiar, though only a small spark of intrigue across the bond would betray him. Demigod? I have met your kin, but he called himself Ascended. Was that correct for a child of The Voice? Maru has only encountered one other demigod, so he's aware she may be above her ilk, but if she is here to learn then perhaps it can be an equivalent exchange.

We have been a people as long as Torchline's waters have existed. I cannot say for sure, as our kind can move from any body of water to another as we age. There are many of us all throughout the lands, all with different histories. It is a difficult question to answer, and he tries to do so as eloquently as possible. Our history is mostly oral with writings being so difficult to preserve in the water. I apologize I cannot be more detailed. Though he will endeavor to answer her further questions to the best of his ability.
Maru

Messages In This Thread
in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Wessex - 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-19-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-28-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 05-08-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 06-11-2020, 07:19 PM