in an octopus's garden in the shade
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
When the smaller mermaid swims forward to introduce herself, Wessex responds with a whale-sized head bob in return, no less delighted to meet her than she is to meet Maru.

Oh, no, that’s correct. My brothers and sisters are called Ascended, as I was - am? A tiny pause, because she’s never actually considered if others still think of her as Ascended or not. But The Voice saw fit to raise me up again. There are other demigods up there - Safrin’s chosen, a daughter of Mort, twin children of Rae - the usage is more a comment on our relationship with a God rather than what, ah, race we came from. And the 'born' demis don’t even have an initial race, she thinks.

Labels are a bit cliche, but she just used them and it would make her a hypocrite to say so.

Really? the whale exclaims upon learning that merpeople are everywhere. That’s amazing. I knew the Grounders had been left in the dark about many things, but this is… A pulse of sadness for everything that had been lost in the past three centuries is unavoidable. Knowledge is power. The Old Gods had truly kept them under their thumbs. She’s about to ask another question when Delta pipes up and she swings her attention to the girl, obviously a bit surprised.

I’m an explorer. I want to see and know everything about Caido. Spent almost forty years in a cage and now I want to know what’s out there - from the depths of the Maw to the peaks of the Fangs and everything in between.. And if she had a brow to furrow, she would. How can prejudice have gotten down here already? Gods, they are too few… Is there a reason you ask that, specifically?
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Wessex - 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-19-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-28-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Wessex - 04-29-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 05-08-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 06-11-2020, 07:19 PM