in an octopus's garden in the shade
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
At least the leader is a reasonable, critical thinker. Again, the whale bobs its head up and down in agreement with Maru’s declaration. Of course. Thank you. I’ll be certain to tell my siblings that. Though if you ever need help down here, something beyond what I’m sure you’re very capable of, the Ascended could lend actual hands. We’d need a way to talk, but we don’t have to breathe the air the way the others do. Which is, perhaps, also an explanation as to why she isn’t in her own form. They could have looked at each other but all chance of communication would have been lost.

While she can’t fault the girl’s caution, Wessex finds the reasoning a bit peculiar. Her people weren’t worried about the merfolk (it might have something to do with them being water-bound, but that’s besides the point), and she can imagine that they aren’t avid New God supporters. But her words make the whale raise an internal eyebrow. We are a small group of people, she begins, Who are like any others in that most of us just want to live our lives. We may not need to eat or drink or breathe, but we love and laugh and play, we have families, argue like siblings, yearn for kids, make art… we even lead a couple of areas. There’s a pulse of low-level amusement at the question, a chuckle as if to say ‘we’re just as normal as everyone else,’ which is, of course both the truth and anything but.

I’d be happy to tell you more. Whenever you like. Anything I can answer now? And if not, then she’d be happy to go on her way soon. She does have a tiny, amusing question for them still, more ignorant than anything else.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Wessex - 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-19-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 04-28-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 05-08-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Wessex - 05-11-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: in an octopus's garden in the shade - by Maru - 06-11-2020, 07:19 PM