cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
The assurance is more of a comfort than his prior attempt, and she preens beneath it in a way that's at least partially sincere. She hasn't been able to do as much for the guild as she'd like - people are far too placid here it seems - but she's proud of her position nonetheless. As such her eyes take on a hawkish gleam to them at what she holds in her hands, mischief and mayhem dancing in the shadow of her curved lips as she slips it away lest he try and take it back. "Oh it's definitely mine now." But even her soft laughter can't seem to dispel the tension, and it twists angrily in her gut, accusing Hotaru of being the wrench in this particular plan. Sunjata's red-warmed features help to distract her momentarily, but Nate eyeing it with a grin only brings it back full force. She wants to seethe, to disappear and figure out why the hell she's so out of control, but she can't. It would only be waving a red flag in front of them when they can already smell defeat. A confession of guilt. But she hates this man for being so easy to love, so magnetic and charming. She hates that even the single night she'd allowed herself with Nate, the one moment of pretending she'd guiltily fallen into just before sleep had claimed her, even that is now tainted. It is easier to hold onto the anger than it is to admit to the hurt, to the depth of emotion she still won't face when she looks at Sunjata.

"I wouldn't turn down an offer that good," she responds slyly to Nate instead, these particular dance steps familiar. Teasing, promising, insinuating more. She is relatively sure Sunjata wouldn't say no if it were anyone else but her, but what it would mean in an overarching sense makes it easier for her to imply her own consent. Because she knows it won't happen, knows Sunjata will not risk that again. Maybe because he is aware of her weakness, her inability to keep things simple and straight with him (not to mention Nate himself). Instead she keeps her eyes firmly fixed on Nate, all the more when Sunjata excuses himself. This seems an awful lot like an intervention, and the reflex to escape is crawling up her throat.

It's calmed only by that gentle hand, the same one that had so transfixed her in their night together. Damn him and his unfairly captivating touch, but she leans into it gratefully all the same. Here is someone who does not know her shame, her secrets. Who does not know the pitiful creature lurking behind the powerful woman she is on most days. Today is just...not most days. His attempts work beautifully, and her smile is warmer when she turns it on him as she alights upon the chair beside him, grateful that he does not poke and pry into places still tender and unwilling to scar. "If you're up to such a task." But there is allowance in her eyes, a rare chance for him to know her more. If Sunjata has attached himself to this man, she can trust him, more than her own stomach has told her she can. Of that she's sure.

"I had no reason to avoid you at all," she assures softly, in an undertone just for him as she hears glass clinking wherever Sunjata disappeared to. He'd left her with nothing bad to say of him, and more than a few dreams with distorted versions of his bright eyes and blood-tinged lips to accompany her in the north. "But I'm glad to see you again, for what it's worth." The last part slips away from her, but her expression never changes, serene and sincere. She is happy for them both, even if they won't say out loud what they are to one another. "You'll have to excuse him. He's exaggerating in his worry." She playfully tilts her wrist to where Sunjata is emerging, hoping to do a little damage control, to ease this down to a playing field she can manipulate once more.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 07:04 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM