cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
Hotaru has quite a lot of experience with subtlety, but Nate's particular brand of it is both admirable and vexing. There's an entire language of unspoken words, and yet Nate cuts to the heart of it without fail every time. She gives him a helpless shrug of her shoulders, because she knows she's not easy to get close to. Knows how hard it had been to get close to Sunjata herself. "It's an art, and I admire you for it. I'm sure he does as well." Using Sunjata as a convenient conversational shield. But she doesn't hide away from his gaze, his questions. That, at least, is something she can do to respect his efforts at breaking down her own walls. The success of the attempt will have to be seen.

"You don't need to worry about me handsome, I'm just fine." She reaches out habitually to squeeze his knee comfortingly, even if he can't necessarily feel it. Hotaru is leagues away from fine in this dark season of mourning and loss, sinks further the more she's subjected to the keen eyes of these two men she has come to care for, but at least she can take care of herself physically. Nate has nothing to worry about in that sense. Instead she spins back to best view the both of them as Sunjata picks a chair, gratefully tipping her glass at him in a mimicry of a toast before taking a hearty swallow. Praying it calms her nerves instead of tightening them.

Nate's question comes in the aftermath of the burn, and she tilts her head towards the doctor in a silent 'what he said'. Curious as to what Sunjata might need in the place Lusea died. "I don't think he's aware we even know each other, though I'm certainly curious what he did or said to garner that reaction," she says with a mild degree of amused incredulity, pointing at Nate with the hand on her glass. Though she snorts alcohol as she goes for her next drink, the unintentional implications from both men making her laugh and splutter, setting the glass down to clear her airways as her eyes water from the sting, shoulders shaking in helpless mirth. "Oh darling I already have, and unfortunately he enjoyed it just as much as you did. In fact he encouraged me to move to Halo instead, so it seems to have had the opposite effect." A small admission, a lifeline thrown out, wondering how they will react. If they will tell her it's a ridiculous idea, as she privately hopes someone might do. That they will want her enough to ask her to stick around. But she licks her lips clean of the alcohol and turns to Nate. "He's...well, he treats me well. But I'm not sure what he wants of me." Because everyone wants something, and Loren's assumed desire of easy sex - complicated by him asking to get to know her better - is something she can't quite compute.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM