Mini Event Magic 101
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
There were more elements, though they weren't traditional 'elements', that made up the magical definition, more than Air, Water, Fire and Earth (the four elements that my before-home was most familiar with), with a fifth being Lightning, and a great number of others if one combined any of these in various ways to produce the effect they sought. It was intriguing, and I nodded along happily as I took notes down. Magic sounded like a combination of science and art, of mathematical equations finding a balance so that wonder could be beheld.

Then there was Creation, and I found this fascinating as well - to be able to conjure up permanent objects by harnessing the elements and combining it with this was, needless to say, awesome. It explained much of what I had seen in Caido since arriving, a blend of almost-modern looking furnishings combined with the rustic, almost-medieval settings. He spoke of healing magic then, which was just as fascinating - masters of this art needn't be experts in surgical procedure, they needed only to wield their magic to save a life. It was a difficult concept for me, a veterinarian from modern-day Earth, to wrap my head around; but then I was also a nerd, who read and played in fantasy worlds where magic was the answer to everything, so I leaned into that to help my brain accept this as fact.

The impact of Jigano's words on Life-drain magic render my mind silent, however.

I sit, wide-eyed, amazed, possibly a bit scared, at the notion that such a thing exists at all, that it could be possible to simply will someone dead, and death would occur. As my mind starting ticking over again, I shook my head at the thought of it, praying it was something I never came across, both in myself and in another (though if it were to exist in another, I would hope they were a friend and not a foe).

I breathe a sigh as the other in the room asks a question, looking to my notes to see that all I have written on this topic is life-drain. And, to be honest, I think that is all I want to write on it.

I was a doctor. I was bound by the Hippocratic oath. The very idea of willing death onto another was so abhorrent, so repulsive to me, I almost didn't want to learn anything more about it.

Almost.

Scratches to the gryphon resume after my somewhat lengthy pause, as I try to think through my troubled thoughts to put together a question for the man - where did I even begin?

"Is each element favoured by a particular god, or do they simply exist, within the land or the mage who wields them?"
Chulane

Messages In This Thread
Magic 101 - by Jigano - 04-20-2020, 04:16 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 04-20-2020, 06:02 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 04-23-2020, 05:55 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 04-28-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 05-01-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 05-02-2020, 02:33 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 05-03-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 05-05-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 05-06-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 05-06-2020, 09:23 PM