Safe to say... I'm lost
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35

The Antarctic is cold.

That's probably the biggest understatement of the year. Aside from my workmate saying "Might wanna hurry up, I reckon those leopard seals are hungry!" in response to our little dinghy boat randomly cutting off the other day. Fun times.

Well, they were more fun when I wasn't freezing my damn balls off.

It's midnight, though you wouldn't know it. You see, here in the Antarctic, in the middle of summer, midnight does this thing where it just doesn't happen. The Sun moves across the sky,  sometimes goes close enough to the horizon that a weird semi-twilight thing happens, then it just rises on back up.

Sleep hasn't been something I've experienced a lot of recently. As it turns out, darkness is your friend when you want to sleep better, who knew? (sidenote: I totally knew this)

I've been laying down staring at the roof of my tent for a while, wrapped up in my many layers of clothes. I used to have an issue with wearing animal furs, though after much experimentation, they are literally warmer than anything synthetic that I could ever come up with. So, I'm wearing a freakin' seal-skin cloak on top of all my sleeping gear like some medieval mofo ready to go hunting or some shit. It's awesome. I'm warm and I'm dressed vaguely like Jon freakin' Snow.

Also yes - I am a nerd. A huge giant nerd. Got issues with it? Don't care. (Note: I probably do care. Too much.)

You see, as I was staring up at the inside of the dark tent roof above me, I got to thinking about random shit, like GoT and the next Marvel movie instalment, and all that shit, when something weird happened.

The light outside is pretty consistent - it doesn't change much. So, when it does change, one tends to notice - keeping up with me so far?

The lights outside went all sorts of loopy.

I'm talking streams of pastel shit strewn all over the sky, rivers of light shining bright - it was the freakin' aurora australis and I was so pumped to go check it out. So I jumped up out of bed and bounded out of my tent to watch this awesome event.

It was only quite a while after the fact that I recalled that the bloody aurora australis only happens in Winter in the Antarctic. Hm.

As it turns out, it wasn't the aurora australis at all. It was… well, I'm still figuring that part out.

I don't remember much about whatever actually happened. All I know is that, one minute I was standing outside my tent looking at pretty lights in the sky, the next minute I was surrounded by fog , whereupon trying to find my way out led me to a signpost. I don't really remember the name of the place I walked towards, I could see a vaguely snowy landscape beyond, and so I thought I was headed "home".

Oh, how wrong am I?

It somehow went from midnight to midday - don't ask me how I know, I'm so fucking confused.

Also, where the fuck did that giant glacier come from?

Also, where the fuck did my tent go?

Also, where the fuck am I?

Ooc: omg I apologise for the word soup, I am still figuring him out and look forward to playing here :D :D

"words"
Chulane

sxc.hu
whimzi on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Safe to say... I'm lost - by Chulane - 04-20-2020, 04:37 AM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Korbin - 04-20-2020, 07:53 AM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Chulane - 04-20-2020, 11:40 PM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Korbin - 04-21-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Chulane - 04-21-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Korbin - 04-21-2020, 12:55 AM
RE: Safe to say... I'm lost - by Chulane - 04-21-2020, 02:23 AM