Dear Almost-Something,
for Loren
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Dear Sam,

To say that I was overjoyed to receive your letter would be an understatement. I was very happy to hear from you indeed, and I am sure that your work as a bookmaker, advisor, and explorer is going well. While I am not so sure about my own endeavors as a healer, I appreciate your confidence in me. In truth, it had proven slightly difficult of late. The people of Halo very understandably are wary of outsiders, and I have been slow to gain their trust.

I'm very sorry to hear about your week, and I hope things turn around for you soon. While I am hardly the person best suited to give family advice, all I can say is that if they are truly your family, then they should be able to find it within their hearts to forgive you. If not, then perhaps they weren't your true family after all. I must say, despite your troubles, I am very glad to hear that you've decided to trust yourself more. The Sam I know is certainly someone worthy of such trust.

Rest assured that we will do everything we can to make the Grounders that stay here for the season welcome and comfortable. While I cannot take much credit for that, I know we are preparing quarters for them, and making sure our regular stockpiles are larger than usual for the season. I wish you all the luck during Deepfrost, and I pray to any god that will listen that this be the first one not marred by tragedy. On that note, I do hope the departure of Phoebe has not made too much extra work for you and the rest of the council.

I appreciate your words. All I can say is that I am sorry I could not give you the happiness you deserve, because in my opinion you deserve all the happiness in the world. You are kind, funny, intelligent, and I know that some day you will make a lucky someone very happy as well. I just wish I could have been that someone. The time I spent with you was precious to me as well, and I will always think of it, and you, fondly. Please know that I still care for and appreciate you, even if it's just as your friend.

Your letters could never be too long. However, I should apologize for the brevity of my own writing. It is not a habit I am used to, nor have words ever been a strong suit of mine, so I am afraid it might take me some time to be able to match you. For now, just know that I very much appreciated hearing from you and reading your words.
Yours Sincerely,
Loren

Messages In This Thread
Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-22-2020, 08:02 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Loren - 04-22-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-27-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Loren - 04-27-2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-30-2020, 03:24 PM