Dear Almost-Something,
for Loren
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Sam,

I appreciate your kind words, though you'll understand when I say I hope there is little need for my services, especially during LongNight. As for the Halovians, they are good and decent people. However, they are also a proud people, and have been practicing their way of life for many generations. I respect their ways, and am doing what I can to make their lives here easier and safer. Hopefully, given time, they will understand and trust that.

Letters do still get through to the Citadel every once in a while during Deepfrost, though it is a less than reliable mode of communication to be sure. Still, having some word from the outside world, and from you especially, will be heartening during those dark and cold nights. If I don't hear from you, I wish you (and everyone else of course) a smooth Deepfrost as well. Enjoy your time in Torchline, and I hope you are able to avoid the worst of Remi's wrath.

I am praying that LongNight proves merciful this year, and I hope the monsters do not claim too many lives. I know many who still plan to venture out, and my heart breaks to think there might be even more tragedy after the year we've had.

At first I was taken aback by the mention of you having multiple sisters. After thinking about it for a while, though, I just have one question: how could you possibly fail to tell me that Amalia is your half-sister?! I believe you owe me an explanation.

On the subject of your full sister, I spoke to Jigano about Evie. I had already offered her the position of Associate Grand Healer here, and she accepted. However, I understand if she feels called back to the Hollowed Ground. Still, it would be a blow to me if she departed. You obviously have my prayers if she does indeed take up Phoebe's vacated position. I personally would not want to be caught between Evie and Amalia.

I would welcome seeing you as soon as the portals reopen. Already, I am having trouble imagining myself being able to stay cooped up for a whole season. It will be good, though, for the people here to know that I will not go haring off when the going gets tough. Perhaps that will alleviate some of their concerns.

Don't sell yourself short on your writing, though. At the very least, it is once again wonderful to hear from you.
Yours Sincerely,
Loren

Messages In This Thread
Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-22-2020, 08:02 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Loren - 04-22-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-27-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Loren - 04-27-2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Dear Almost-Something, - by Samuel - 04-30-2020, 03:24 PM