[SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
Open
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
R
The last thing Rance had expected when he left to memorialize his sister on an autumn -- Leaf Change -- night was to encounter another raven shifter. And even knowing that this wasn't one of his people, of his old flock or another, the instant recognition would have stolen his breath had he still been in human form. Smaller, yes, but still very much a raven.

For a moment, he feared that he had been mistaken. The raven was unmistakably surprised, feathers ruffling as he stared down at Rance. But then he hopped down and spoke again, with the sort of tone that was at one proud and teasing. Had he been human, the Outlander would have laughed. Instead, a chuckling rattle escaped his beak and ruffling his neck feathers. He bobbed his head, a sort of wordless I know you, I see you! as his own relieved and surprised happiness leaked across the attuned bond.

The playful lunge was unexpected, but far from unfamiliar for one who'd grown up around ravens. He had his wings half spread by the time beak tugged at his feathers, head turning to watch the act. He hoped around, wings flapping only enough to spin him before he landed on the roof again. He clacked his beak and bounced to once side, mock-pecking, but never actually getting close enough to touch.

Rance knew he probably should have said something, that this wasn't just another raven, but it was so hard to remember that when everything in him was singing someone like me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure - by Rance - 04-24-2020, 09:04 PM