Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Change was perhaps, the one constant in life that was determined to fuck everyone up.

I don't think anyone handles it well, to be honest. Humans evolved by finding patterns in things, by learning the predictabilities in life, by exploiting those predictabilities. It really is no wonder then that as soon as change happens, the majority of people react… poorly.

Some adapt quicker than others, and ultimately, if one doesn't adapt, one is likely not to survive for long. At least, this was the case in times of the stone age, but I think it can be applied to current circumstances as well. We all cope using different techniques, some more effective than others - some more healthy than others too.

I know little of what is going on in Korbin's life. All I know is that without him, I would probably be dead. So when I see him as I wander through Snowcloak, I make an effort to approach in his line of sight, so as not to startle him.

I am Attuned, but I am not yet practiced enough in sending my thoughts to others that I can do so whilst in my human form, and I can only assume that Korbin's deafness is a part of him - permanent, unchanging. I wave as I approach, a friendly smile on my face, ignoring any sullen glares the kid might give me - teenagers.

I look at the task he has seemingly set for himself, and, without any further prompting, shed my heavier layers and fetch a spare axe that was nearby. I wasn't well practiced with splitting firewood, though my recent expedition to the frozen southern land of my homeworld, and then to Halo, soon cured me of that particular ignorance.

I swung the tool at a log, and got to work.
Chulane

sxc.hu
whimzi on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Chulane - 04-26-2020, 11:40 AM