Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
If looks could kill, well, I'd certainly be dead. This kid has a glare on him, and though he is deaf and wilfully mute, he gets his message across. I smile back, shrugging and continuing on with the work I volunteered for.

A hiccough escapes the boy, and I can feel the tension in the air pick up. Though he wouldn't have heard me even if I did so, I make an effort not to react, not to laugh - though it is fucking hilarious, really. Oh the mighty forever-pissed Korbin, struck down in the midst of his temper tantrum by hiccoughs - fucking perfect.

I keep working, choosing to simply follow suit and put my back into the work - I still don't know why we're doing it, or who for, but sometimes that's all that was needed - some sweat, some aching muscles, and some silence - I wasn't about to push any agenda on the boy, any expectations. I didn't know the half of what his life contained, and though I'd be glad to know if the boy was glad to share, one didn't just poke an angry axe-wielding deaf teenager to reveal their life story without some forethought.

The pile of wood dwindles further and further - we will surely expire our supply soon enough - what will the kid do then, I wonder?
Chulane

sxc.hu
whimzi on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Chulane - 04-27-2020, 04:37 AM