Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
And so I was rejected, turned away, given instructions to continue onwards on my own.

I could do it. I could turn down the street and let the boy leave the scene. I didn't want to do that.

Korbin was clearly going through something. Something more than just teenage angst (though I had no doubt that didn't help.)

I wanted to help.

The kid was responsible for my being here, for my surviving the transition through the portal, to this world. Hell, he even was the one who gave me a heads up on accommodations that would accept me. I owed him.

And so I continued to sit, allowing the feeling of dejection, of sadness and isolations to swell up, to squash out the hope, to be detectable through the attuned bond, if he was still listening (if he had a choice?) it wasn't hard to let these emotions stir - they had been within me since my arrival here, only I have maintained a firm grip on them. I still held a grip on them, held them back, unwilling to let the true tsunami of emotions flow through the floodgates just yet, trying to remain strong, so as not to overwhelm those near me just as I feel almost constantly overwhelmed myself.

I sit, my gaze drifting down to look at my paws, otherwise unmoving.
Chulane
fridooh & whimzi @ deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Chulane - 05-01-2020, 12:49 AM