A Change of Pace
Selene Vanirion
Thief

Age: 28 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Seraphina Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees,
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
Darkness. That had been all that surrounded Selene as she desperately tried to pick the lock to that cursed door, numb fingers clumsily manoeuvering the picks, desperately trying to escape the baying hounds that scampered through the corridor after her, slavering jaws desperate for her flesh.

Now, Selene wasn't entirely unfamiliar with magic; she had seen it used before, so when that portal opened up before her, she had just tucked her picks back in her sleeve and stepped through without giving it a second thought, she knew of all the gifted in use by this noble- and not one of them had the ability to make such a wondrous thing.

When she stepped foot into that world, having decided that a port would be the best place to sell her ill-gotten goods, she hadn't realised that she had left her life behind: her family, her lovers, her business, her beloved twin- no, Selene was under the impression that this was just another one of those splendid portside towns she so rarely got the chance to frequent. So, with the Duchess' prized ruby hidden in her bodice, she made her way through the market stalls, peering at the fantastical goods on display, though she wouldn't allow herself the luxury of perusing, not when she held such hot goods on her person. So, she made her way over to the boats at the dock, straying away from the more reputable vendors, eyes flicking between the various ships, sizing each one up before she found the perfect one.

It was a small merchant ship, making preparations to take its goods and sail elsewhere, with a rather insidious looking crew loading boxes into the hull, folk that seemed practised in turning a blind eye to the origins of where their trade came from. Ideally, she would have changed outfits before she approached the merchant at the stall; her tight leather armour did not exactly scream 'subtle', and she was beginning to bake within its tight folds, but sweltering underneath the hot sun was far more preferable to being torn to shreds in a dank dungeon.

Selene approached the merchant with her usual swaying walk, bright eyes just visible between the folds of fabric wrapped around her face. "Afternoon." She greeted him pleasantly, her gaze travelling up and down the man without a hint of shame. He was her usual type, tall and tan, with the suggestion of muscles hiding under his opulent clothes, and she allowed herself a moment to relish in his appearance before she got to business, "I see you're a man soon to be gone, so let us not waste time, hmm?" She pulled the gemstone out from within her bodice, letting the heavy stone rest in the palm of her hand, "I'm sure I don't have to tell you that this is a particularly rare stone, and one of enormous value. Inspect it if you choose, but I'm sure you can tell, I don't want to spend too much time quibbling."

Elias
Selene

Messages In This Thread
A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 10:03 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-24-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM