A Change of Pace
Selene Vanirion
Thief

Age: 29 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Seraphina Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees,
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
"Caido?"

The confusion that returned to Selene's face was now intermingled with a touch of fear; she'd looked over a thousand maps in her father's study and not once had she seen the mention of such a place, even the sailors who had been rumoured to touch upon other continents had never spoken of this realm.

With great effort, Selene swallowed the anxiety bubbling up in her throat, knowing that to appear weak was to open herself up to be preyed upon, "I see." Her steady voice did not betray the anxious machinations of her mind, but the agitation in her hands was harder to control, her skin itching to escape the now suffocating confines of her armour, fingers continuously fiddling with the straps of leather that bound her outfit together. How was she to get home if none had heard of her country? How was she to sustain herself with thievery and gossip if she knew nothing of this new land she had been marooned in? Her hand gripped the edge of the stall as though it were driftwood, and she adrift in a raging sea, threatening to swallow her up and drag her down to her watery grave.

"I-..." Selene faltered, a wave of fear flooding over her as she realised the direness of her situation, her usual confidence having fled her form. An unfamiliar sensation of defeat came over her, and she clumsily dug out an emerald from another hidden pocket, placing it before the man, uncaring if she was overpaying in her desperation, "Could I make use of your quarters?"

Willingly going aboard a ship where she knew none, a ship that she had chosen specifically for its furtive style was not her smartest move, yet her usual cunning was lost to her now, all she could think of was escaping the oppressive heat of the sun bearing down on her, the roar of the crowd as they moved around her, and the unfamiliar stares of the people of this foreign land.
Selene

Messages In This Thread
A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 10:03 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-24-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-30-2020, 01:03 AM