come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
The other finally seems to settle in this experience, to accept that yes, another existed with a similar shift. I was glad to be able to provide him with such information that had clearly been eating away at him for some time - it gave me a simple pleasure too, which I gently let trickle out across the bond. Had I been in human skin, I might have offered a soft, slanted half-grin at this Oliver, but I would settle for this.

'I was a doctor, for animals, called a veterinarian. I spent my life learning about as many animals as I could in the world, so that I could help them.' I supplied as simple explanation, used to telling people about my past now, used to reflecting on that which I had left behind without it stinging so much.

He explains that this isn't his first shift, but his third?! And I am intrigued, curious and hopeful that maybe one day I can unlock as many of those gifts within myself - or maybe more? Kia had two shifts, so I had known that it was possible, but now to have met with someone who confirmed that even more was possible.. I was excited again.

'I'd be glad to see your other shifts one day, and offer what I can in knowledge to identify them, if you want,' I respond kindly, doing what I could to express a simple smile over the bond. But, the afternoon was turning into evening, and I had best be getting moving if I wanted to return to Halo proper before the weather stranded me.

'I hope to see you again come Flowerbirth, Oliver. I must keep going, else the snows of Halo will freeze me out.' I stood up once more, nodding to the other as I turned and made my departure, genuinely hoping that we would all survive this oncoming season, that I would get to see him again, though perhaps with a bit less tension next time.

--

Fin!
Chulane
fridooh & whimzi @ deviantart

Messages In This Thread
RE: come run the hidden pine trails of the forest - by Chulane - 05-24-2020, 04:29 AM