the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable
for Evie

Age: 23 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Ah, I see the resemblance." She smiled when the woman introduced herself. "Freina," she replied in turn, "and, yes, I'd say 'reservations' is a good way to put it."

She glanced around at the bar. End of the season, and people are already starting to abandon the Hollowed Ground for safer locales. It's thinning out, but there's still a decent crowd here. She sipped her cider and kept her voice low.

"You know what it's like here when they find out. I wish I'd had the forethought to hide it, like you've apparently done. Now my family knows, everyone knows, and..." She sighed harshly. "I had a plan for my life and I liked it. And now it's gone. And, sure, I can make new plans. I'm not going to just sit around and mope... uh, anymore than I already have." She still felt self-conscious about that: running away, casting herself into the Labyrinth and waiting to die. All the trouble that caused for people - including Evie's brother, apparently.

"When I found out, it felt like the end of the world, even though I'd be dead without my magic. How... how do you deal with everything you know just going sideways on you?"

hmu in DM if you want/need more info about who Freina was and how she met Sam and all that

Messages In This Thread
RE: the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable - by Freina - 05-01-2020, 08:49 PM