for kin and country
for the Voice
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
After training with Saiden and my adventures in Rae’s fingers, I’m feeling a bit useless. Which is weird, because I don’t ever feel useless. And fuck, useless isn’t the right word, maybe just… weak, compared to the others. An’ I’ve never been buddy-buddy with the gods, even though I know they reward their followers with cool shit. It just never felt right.

But I obviously need something to help me get a leg up. The Torchers need someone to help ‘em stay somewhat in control. Hoa must be able to feel the conflict in me, cause he won’t stay home for this one. With a sigh, I wrap him around my shoulders and take off.

A recent customer told me there’s a shrine to the New Gods down by the sea, so I follow the directions one night, torch carried low enough to just see the steps ahead of me and come to a beautiful little altar. Stopping to examine the figure, I reach out to touch the piece, running my fingers over her hair, her dress, the point of the lightning. Hoa’s tongue flickers constantly in and out, sending little pulses of both apprehension and curiosity. I know how he feels.

Stepping back, with an eye to the waterline, I address the figurine - it’s been awhile since I’ve visited any shrine, so I feel nothing if not foolish. “I’m not sure who the New Gods are, really, but my name is Raza an’ I’m a Torcher, born ‘n bred. Was hopin’ you might be able t’ help me with somethin?” There’s not much else she can say right now, other than wait and see what happens, wondering who might show up.
quid pro quo
ain't nothin in this life for free
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
for kin and country - by Raza - 05-13-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: for kin and country - by Random Event - 05-15-2020, 05:30 AM
RE: for kin and country - by Raza - 05-15-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: for kin and country - by Random Event - 05-24-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: for kin and country - by Raza - 05-25-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: for kin and country - by Random Event - 06-05-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: for kin and country - by Raza - 06-09-2020, 12:02 AM