Personal Quest Dionysus Reborn
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Bastien nodded as if Remi had made some kind of cosmically correct choice, though really he would have been fine with either. He still gasped as the cloth began to float up and out of his hands, having employed Remi's magic but still in awe of it. Nodding at the placement, he instructed Remi to loop it around a beam in the ceiling to let it hang, candlelight beneath catching the colours and lights in the cloth to give the whole room a blue, sparkling atmosphere.

As soon as the cloth was hung, he went to Ronin, to investigate what he had placed on the wall. His lips moved silently as he read the creed, a smile sneaking onto his face as he mouthed the last few words.

"Oh, belissimo. Wonderful. I could not have done better myself, Ronin." He resisted the urge to give him a celebratory kiss on the cheek, simply patting his shoulder instead. "This will surely rouse their hearts. Let us see what your lovely wife has got us too, hm?"

Swanning over to Vanya, he read what she had written over her shoulder. The sea shanty wasn't so much to his tastes, but he was excited to read the tales and the answer to his question - Bastien grinned, a huff of laughter escaping him. "So wise. The simple answers are often the best, hm? And we shall be doing plenty of living here."

Pleased with everyone's contributions he turned back to the room and clapped his hands together, grinning around at all of them.

"This is beginning to come together wonderfully! Oh, what to do next! There are so many wonderful things we could do to mark this beginning. We could all have a wonderful symposium, enjoy each other's minds and bodies in the most simple and elegant of ways. Open this drink and pour an offering for our benefactor. But...I think I know what should be done. Humour me, everyone, please."

He walked to the crate of drinks, opened one bottle of something which smelt strong and plucked four glasses from another box in the corner - they were mismatched, all bought at different times from different vendors and brought over from his home, but they would do. With a drink poured in each and given to each person (one left to the side for himself), he pulled off his shirt and went to grab some canvases and paint, the blue he had requested from Remi as well as other less relevant colours.

"The place has too much of me in it. Look at all of this work!" He declared, pointing to the paintings of Safrin on the walls. "It is not just for my devotion. Of course, not everyone here has met the bella signora del cielo notturno, but that is no reason to not create art." Passing brushes around and propping the canvases up against walls and chairs, he began to hum a tune and paint, a blue sketch line curving down the center of his canvas.

"Paint whatever you wish, you don't even have to use the brush. I want this to be a place where we forget the world outside, bounty hunting or alchemy or whatever it is you do. Here you are your soul and a paintbrush. Create. The Goddess, I'm sure, will respect any gift in her name even if it is not in her image." With a smile, he looked towards his friend whom had been so disparaging of his own talents in the past. "And Remi, don't tell me you are not artistic. Do what you can."

--

Describe your character's painting! Does their drink affect their work? Does it go well or not? Do they even paint anything? All up to you. :)

Order:
1. Remi
2. Ronin
3. Vanya

Bastien
Drink So Deeply From the Cup That I Provide

Messages In This Thread
Dionysus Reborn - by Bastien - 12-31-2018, 07:08 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Remi - 01-01-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Ronin - 01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Vanya - 01-04-2019, 04:06 AM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Vanya - 01-13-2019, 04:28 AM