with a sense of poise and rationality
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Nodding, Loren toasted, though again there was something a little off about the gesture. At Neron's rebuke, though, the healer's eyes narrowed. "It might be our home, but we're still outsiders here. Regardless, shouldn't the fact that it's your home as well make it easier for you to understand?"

Biting his lip, he shook his head sadly. "You're still my brother. Just because I cast off my last name didn't change that. Not for me." Looking down, his expression grew guilty and stubborn all at once. "I'm not expecting you to stand by me. Just...be in my life." That came out quietly, but with a heavy yet somehow hopeful tone to it.

Then he took a deep breath and lifted his head to meet his brother's gaze squarely. "And did it ever occur to you that I did what I did so I could be in a position to help you now?" Neither of them were stupid, and the outcome of that night had seemed inevitable. Yet here Loren was, trying to dig Neron out of the mess they'd found themselves in.

"You sound so happy about it." Still, the relief on the healer's features was practically overwhelming. "And I've decided I'm allowed to be selfish every once in a while." Though his tone was wry, it was a true statement. "Thank you. And we'll figure out what you want to do. Promise." He held out his hand as if to shake on it, which seemed weirdly formal but also right.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-18-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-21-2020, 01:56 PM