Begin at the beginning
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer
Was she free, though? To move about, yes. To order people around, sure. But in the end, every damn breath she took was being scrutinized. Every decision she made had the potential to destroy everything she loved. She had to take into consideration every opinion and figure out how to best appease them all. Sure, she was free, but only in one sense of the word. Maybe they had vastly different opinions of what it meant to be Warden.

The comment about Zariah is interesting though. Even after all this...huh. ”She has done nothing but make your life miserable, Neron, and yet...it is interesting, I suppose.” She rolls a shoulder in a casual shrug, not particularly concerned if he considered it a faux pas. She would not mince words. ”If you had to deal with her, what would you choose to do?” Funny, how even the people we hate can hold our loyalty all the same.

”Can I not do both? Consider what you want and then make a decision? If you had told me you wanted to leave, then I would have exiled you. You say you want to stay, so I am giving you the opportunity.” She is not flustered or even really annoyed by the sharp response, and her tone is easy and even. She expects nothing less, given all she had done to him in a manner of minutes that night. ”My merry band? It was Zariah who called for you to step down, not me. I might have been content to just yell at you for a while, but then you offered. Should I have let her take over?” That choice had seemed easy, at the time.

”As for your guard, it is one season. You can chuff under them for a bit. Though no, I do not think you are any threat. They exist to make sure the people of Halo feel safe and as if I am taking this seriously. Tell me, if the roles were reversed, would you just let me walk free?” She highly doubts it.

He refuses the offer of food, and she pulls her arm back with a shrug. It is no skin off her back, and she is not the one who is hungry. ”Suit yourself,” she says, crossing her arms again. Even if she doesn’t understand the finer points of Ascended bites, she understands the basics well enough. The details don’t much matter, for Weaver is made of the ice she grew up with, when she needs to be. Sometimes life is nothing more than a business transaction. Besides, who said anyone else needed to know?

”Loren is the one who told me, and said you might have told others.” Though she does not doubt his words at the mention of the cultists. They could not be the only ones, and it seems likely they will find nothing on their return to that location. Still, it would be foolish not to look into the matter and ignore it, as had been done before. ”What actions have you taken against the cannibals so far? And what would you suggest I do against a goddess?” It is only the last question that gets a little bit of an incredulous tone. Monks, cultists, cannibals and a vindictive goddess. Do you want your job back Neron?
WEAVER

Messages In This Thread
Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 07:30 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 07:13 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-21-2020, 01:25 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-22-2020, 08:56 PM