still a woman beneath all this armor
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
Feeling a tad dramatic after she says all that, Wessex turns her gaze to the sparks flying back and forth between the Goddess’s palms. She doesn’t look up at her until there’s mention of being able to potentially change the machine that brings in the Outlanders. Thinking about it for a moment, Wessex comes to think that there might be a shift coming in the Voice’s actions; the choice to do something had always been prominent, at the forefront of her arguments. To tilt the scales in her favor, now, in such a subtle way… a corner of her mouth creeps upwards and the Wraith nods.

There is little that can be done in the short time before LongNight. But after - all they need do is survive.

“I had thought to try and bring you some mage glass, but I waited too long, There are reports that the cultists that attacked the Citadel had a pendant with a big chunk of it. Maybe Neron and others can go see if there’s any left.” After all, the cultists and cannibals are probably mostly gone. There are still dragons, of course, but Halo will never truly be risk free. “And If we can get the Arcane Academy shut down, many will lose their cold resistance.” And then they might need the Ascended for certain things. Which would then prove Morgan right, but if their presence makes Halo better, more powerful and efficient, why not?

New of Sam’s departure is visibility shocking, to the point that Nate seems to fall to the background. Anger quickly follows, to see him continue to be a liability, to cause the Voice such disappointment - when she’s given him everything he’s asked for and more. It feels like a betrayal to Wessex as well, to all the effort she’s made in their relationship. “And if he doesn’t come back? Can he live on blood alone? Do you -want- ” It’s a flood of questions that she manages to stem, crossing her arms across her chest and looking down for a moment.

Of course their Lady wants him back, it was silly of her to ask. She has a much bigger heart than her demigod.

Perhaps it’s time to change the subject. “The Eirachi said her kin was suffering in another area of Caido and she would like to send assistance. In return, I could drink from her. And I negotiated a one-time safe crossing of the Ascended across Halo, if we end up at war again.” No judgment on if they did or did not, Wessex just sees it as being massively proactive. Something for her and something for everyone. “There’s a cave at the edge of the Sea of Glass, leading somewhere as hot as Halo is cold.” She's sure that the Voice knows far more about the Eirachi and her kin and the unknown parts of Caido than she does obviously, but she's not directly asking for information. Not yet.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Messages In This Thread
still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 05-23-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 06-01-2020, 06:01 PM