still a woman beneath all this armor

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i'll be your hope, i'll be your love, be everything that you need.
Wessex doesn't need to voice the implications of her words in order for the Voice to follow her joke to its conclusion. "Best in the short term, perhaps." She acknowledges, her fingers spreading slightly in a gesture of not uncertainty, but perhaps just indecision.

"To return to them?" The Voice repeats, looking surprised for perhaps the first time in Wessex's presence. Softly she stares at her brightest, wondering if she's missed something subtle in the question. "He is not the first who has tried. Many children rebel, and though I offer everything I have to all of you, there are always some who are unsatisfied. Who choose to turn their insecurities into weapons aimed at me." Again, her expression is saddened. "I'm not sure what he could do to become dangerous. He knows no secrets, has no weapons in his arsenal. Perhaps his kin will find themselves more vengeful on his behalf, but such is their irrationality. Guided and blinded by their emotions." Still, the Voice isn't blind to Wessex's unease. "Watch him, when you can. Don't let it distract from the larger things you have on your plate but...I trust your instincts." There is much the demigoddess doesn't know, but that doesn't mean there isn't something to what her gut tells her.

"Not for now, but come back to me when all this is over. I...believe we are all ready for our next chapter to begin." And, because what use is there to being a demigod if you're aren't privy to certain information before the rest, before she departs the Voice reaches out to press her fingers against Wessex's temples, flashing images directly into her brain before disappearing.

~FIN

Messages In This Thread
still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 05-23-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: still a woman beneath all this armor - by the VOICE - 06-16-2020, 02:19 AM