[SE] With the hate of some other man's beliefs
For Jigano
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Being teased about his budding thing with Zeph was certainly enough to embarrass Sam and he just shook his head with a quiet laugh, hoping Jigano wouldn't push it much further: while he was certainly happy to have something to be teased about, he wasn't used to it.

"They do. Th...though...since I've ma-made friends, like you, um...not a..all the memories are b-bad. So I ho..hope you might vi-visit." He looked over to Jigano with a warm smile (trying not to laugh at the bird on the man's shoulder returning the look). "I lik..like it here, even with the s..ssun." That was the one downside, especially now that the Voice had taken away so much of his ability: but Sam had found that even just the evenings and nights out in Torchline beat by far the days he could spend out in the Hollowed Grounds.

He shook his head: no, he was no longer the Portal Guardian; honestly that was something he was very glad indeed to have off his shoulders. "D-Don't get too excit...excited about it y-yet. I still have to...to see if I'm an-any good at it." As for being able to see from above...Sam tilted his head, for a moment wondering if Jigano was offering himself to be bitten: surely not, right? "Maybe...b-but not now. When I know...when I know what I'm d-doing."

Maps aside, it was bizarre how used you could get to the absurd in a short amount of time: it struck Sam again that he was walking on water with the help of a bird. With a laugh he spent a while just enjoying that, walking and dancing and talking with Jigano under the moon until the novelty finally wore off: it was good to know that their friendship never had.

{FIN}

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] With the hate of some other man's beliefs - by Samuel - 06-28-2020, 09:06 PM