just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Trigger Warning 
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
The floorboard emitted a warning groan a second before it snapped. Korbin's foot crashed through, the jagged edges of charred wood eating into his shin. He hissed and gingerly pulled the leg up, balancing carefully as he picked through the burned out husk of the house.

It was a ruin. Perfectly illustrating what had become of the Hale's. Nothing remained in this place, where a home had once been. How long had it been in the family? Generations, probably. And now it was gone.

He came to a halt in what had once been the kitchen. A pile of rubble blocked the spot where he had been sitting, and Korbin twisted his mouth into a bitter grimace. Not a smile; he couldn't, these days. If Loren hadn't come, he would have ended here, along with this building. Along with the rest of the ghosts, the memories, the dreams that would never become reality.

If only Loren hadn't showed up.

"At least you got a good pyre, eh, sis?" he murmured to the silence. Smoke rose from his breath in the cold air. It surprised him. His insides felt so numb, they might as well have been frozen stiff.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM