just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
It was selfish. How long would she stay here? As soon as the storms settled and the temperatures eased, she would leave. Not likely to return, after seeing the true cruelty of a Halo winter. Once she was back among her own people, how much thought would she spare for Halo? How often would she remember Weaver? How long would it truly plague her, if he too became nothing more than a memory?

Did any of his so called 'saviours' really care about him? No. He would be kept alive only to ease that niggling guilt at the back of their minds. That at least they had saved one of the siblings. The one they liked less, who smiled least... Weaver was the one they really cared about.

Weaver was the only one he really, truly cared about too. And she was gone.

Korbin freed himself and stepped back from her. From a pocket he withdrew the dagger he had found in his sister's room. The blade was still nicked, and kept in the sheath, because he hadn't sharpened it yet. He tossed it to Kiada, heedless of whether she caught it or let it fall into the ash.

"Cling to that, if you need something to remember her by." His expression had turned cold. "I won't be used as some token to ease the feelings of strangers. My sister was the only reason why I kept going, and that reason is gone. I don't want 'better'. I don't want to get used to a life without her. I want to join her, and my mother, and father, and my brother, and finally be rid of this never ending fucking pain."

As he spoke his town grew steadily harsher and ended in a snarl, punctuated by a savage kick to a charred beam. It unbalanced the pile of debris that rested on top, and with a groan, the whole section toppled and crashed to the ground. A cloud of soot rose like black vapors into the air, billowing around Korbin like miasma. As if his rage and grief had taken form and become visible to the naked eye.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-29-2020, 07:23 AM