just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
It turned into a threeway staring contest. Astra's dewey eyes had less effect than Loren's determined gaze, but in the end Korbin relented enough to at least take the offered meat. He bit off a small piece, just to shut the healer up, but though he chewed the food just grew in his mouth. It took everything he had to swallow down that small piece, and after that Korbin just turned the jerky between his fingers. Listened to Loren's explanation without comment, and to the silence that followed until it grew oppressive.

He had no words of comfort for the man. Even if he somewhere recognized that it should be as rough on Loren as it was on him, Korbin couldn't bring himself to care. Even gave it a try, attempted to summon any emotion at all - anger, pity, contempt even - but all he had was numbness. Cold ashes.

As the silence dragged out, his breaths came quicker, grew shallow and agitated. He twisted were he sat, tried to make himself comfortable but failed.

Eventually Korbin shrugged off the furs and started to get up. "I can't stay here," he mumbled, sounding choked, half panicked.

He wouldn't listen to any consolations, or let himself be trapped inside. As soon as he got a chance, he shifted into the raven and darted off, leaving Loren behind. Another thing to feel guilty about.

---------

- Fin
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 06-08-2020, 01:26 PM